Finance and General Purposes: Powers & Functions
General management, through the Clerk, of all matters not subject to another committee:
a) Employment matters
b) Risk Assessment / Health & Safety
c) Maintenance of all Parish Council property and assets
e) The overall Council budget including:
- General Accounts
- Management Accounting Reports
- Policy matters
f) Other matters needing to be dealt with as a matter of urgency
g) Standing Orders
- To act as a Personnel Committee, dealing with all employment matters and salaries, including discipline and training where necessary in line with existing procedures.
- To receive and approve the Budgets proposed by other Committees for final approval at Full Council.
- To manage the approved budgets with authority to move funds but without exceeding the overall spending levels. Additional spend affecting the General Fund will need Full Council approval.
- To ensure the Council's financial responsibilities are met.
- To oversee the maintenance of all Council property and assets.
- To deal with Health & Safety matters
- To ensure that all insurance is up to date and adequate.
- To consider applications for grant aid from outside bodies.
- To consider, when necessary, any advice or recommendations from other Committees, if relevant to any of the functions listed above.
This Committee has 6 members composed of the following:
a) Chairman of the Council
b) Vice-Chairman of the Council
c) Chairman and Vice Chairman of Open Spaces, Allotments and Burials Committee
d) Chairman and Vice Chairman of Planning, Highways & Lighting Committee.